The cutter was made in the first half on the 20th century. It was used in the sheet rolling mill at Javornik. The mill, built in 1933 by brothers Westen, majority owners of the Carniolan Industrial Company and Factory for production of enamelware in Celje, was manufacturing sheet metal for dishes, bodyshells, motors and gutters. There were four cutters in the factory and 117 tons of sheet metal were cut daily. The cutters were driven by a very noisy sprocket. When belt drive was introduced, the noise decreased substantially. In 2020 the machine was renovated within Naša industrijska dediščina naš ponos (Our industrial heritage – our pride) Project.
Sheet metal plant in 1962